About the JBoard
Are you a young professional that’s interested in supporting cancer and Parkinson’s disease research in a fun and exciting way? Join our JBoard!
By donating $25 a month — or $300 a year — you’ll have access to the latest discoveries in Van Andel Institute’s biomedical research and science education initiatives. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with a vibrant group of young professionals at special events throughout the year while supporting a good cause. You can sign-up for a single membership for $300 or $500 for a couple (JBoard membership is tax deductible).
Help to improve the health and enhance the lives of current and future generations by signing up today!Join the JBoard Now
- Connect with the best of West Michigan’s young professionals.
- Learn firsthand from Institute scientists about the cutting-edge biomedical research that is being done in the areas of cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, depression, osteoporosis and more. Plus, hear updates from the educators at Van Andel Institute for Education and Van Andel Invstitute Graduate School.
- Receive invitations to annual health-science forums and luncheons throughout the year.
- Recognition on VAI’s website and in the Institute’s annual report.
- Connection Breakfast Networking and Research Updates
- Public Lecture Series
- Annual Summer JBoard Member Mixer
- Around the World®, the annual JBoard wine-tasting fundraising event
- The Carol Van Andel Angel of Excellence Dinner and Award Presentation
For more information about the JBoard, please contact Sarah Rollman at 616.234.5712 or Sarah.Rollman@vai.org.
Current JBoard Members
Peter & Paige Afendoulis
Rob & Katie Barcelona
Aaron & Afton DeVos
Samuel DeVries & Lily Powers
Ken Hoffman & Lisa Rose
Mark Holzbach & Dana Friis-Hansen
Jason & Brandi Huyser
Matt & Sarah Jones
John Kailunas III
Kevin & Katie Kileen
Michael & Andrea Leestma
Mike & Rachel Mraz
Thomas Murray III
Christopher & Alyssa Nance
Leland & Alexandra Perez
Thomas and Kendra Ralston
Aaron & Hailey Van Andel
Chris Van Andel
Jesse & Heather Van Andel
Kyle Van Andel
Sarah Vander Baan
Tripp & Katie VanderWal
Samuel & Sydney Vucelich
Brandon & Tina Wong