What is Purple Community?
Purple CommunityⓇ is a grassroots fundraising program at Van Andel Institute, a world-class biomedical research and science education facility. Through peer-to-peer fundraising and cause marketing programs, people just like you turn their passions into support for our work to fight cancer, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
Why should you choose Purple Community?
Purple Community is uniquely you. Whatever your passion is – mountain biking, quilting, food, or fitness – you can use it to help us accelerate research that will impact the lives of family and friends fighting disease. Every dollar you raise goes directly to the laboratories where scientists are searching for answers. We don’t keep a single penny to pay the bills or keep the lights on. Whether you raise $50 or $5,000, your efforts will have a direct impact on research and discovery at Van Andel Institute.
How can you make a difference?
You can join Purple Community and get involved in many ways:
- Sign up for instant access to research updates, events and merchandise
- Volunteer at a Purple Community event
- Attend a Purple Community event
- Honor a loved one with a tribute page
- Create your own fundraiser
- Follow Purple Community on social media and share updates with your friends
Who is Purple Community?
You are! Join us today!
Learn about Purple Community