Customized Science Experiences
Are you a teacher—or parent—looking to supplement science instruction for your students?
VAI can customize a virtual yet hands-on K-12 science experience just for you!
K-12 science instruction is all over the place right now—it’s being taught at home, in school, or a blend of the two; sometimes, it slips through the cracks completely! We want to help.
If you have a group of 12 or more students, we can create a science experience that meets your time and/or content needs. Through inquiry-based, hands-on investigations (and we don’t just mean hands on a keyboard) students will ask questions, investigate, and discover answers using scientific methods, tools, and resources. It’s way more than a sit-and-get presentation!
How do we do that? Here’s how:
- Kids will connect virtually to set a purpose for learning and introduce dethe experience
- They will then step away to get their hands dirty by conducting their own investigations (Don’t worry…we don’t leave! We’re there to answer any and all questions.)
- They then reconnect to engage with other students and reflect on their learning
Each Virtual Experience Includes:
- A hands-on, inquiry-based investigation customized for your group and aligned to NGSS
- A kit for every student with all of the materials needed to conduct the investigation
- Half-day experiences include a virtual tour of a Van Andel Institute’s research lab and a conversation with a real VAI scientist!
You tell us your time constraints and standards-based goals, and we will suggest affordable investigations to meet your needs.