Request for J-2 Dependent Form Ds-2019

A J-1 exchange visitor’s spouse and children (under age 21) are eligible to obtain J-2 dependent status to accompany the primary Exchange Visitor to the United States. The information provided below will be used to generate Form(s) DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-Nonimmigrant) Status, for your accompanying family members. These documents will allow them to apply for J-2 visas at their local U.S. Embassy or Consulate, which will be required to enter the United States in J-2 status.


Be sure to have available electronic copies of the following documents, which will need to be uploaded to the form:

  • A copy of the biographic (picture) page of each dependent’s passport.
  • If dependent living expenses will be supported by personal funds: Evidence of existing personal funds (such as a personal bank statement) sufficient to cover your family members’ time in the United States.