This questionnaire will be used to determine your eligibility for issuance of Form DS-2019, “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-Nonimmigrant) Status.” If eligible, the Human Resources department will use the information to issue your Form DS-2019 and Exchange Visitor Program acceptance documents (typically within 5 business days).
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- Please carefully review all information on Van Andel Institute’s Exchange Visitor Program website.
- Be sure to have available electronic copies of the following documents, which will need to be uploaded to the form:
- A copy of the biographic page(s) of your passport.
- A copy of your CV or resume.
- If you will receive exchange program funding from a source other than VAI: Evidence of non-VAI funding. May include: employment verification letter (including salary), scholarship award letter, fellowship award letter, stipend award letter, etc. Personal funds will not be accepted.
- If you have held J-1 or J-2 status in the past: Copies of all previous Forms DS-2019, and most recent Form I-94.
- If your Country of Legal Permanent Residence is different from your Country of Citizenship: Legal documentation evidencing that you have been authorized to permanently immigrate to that country.
- If you will request Forms DS-2019 for accompanying family members:
- Copies of the biographic (picture) pages of their passports.
- Evidence of funding. Personal bank statements will be accepted.